Thursday 24 November 2011

Reading other comments

http://www.economist.com/debate/overview/121


I liked Darling-Hammond's comments... because she agreed with me. :o)


I'm not sure that Bushweller makes it clear what he thinks about the motion - there is no mention of the debate at all. He merely adds weight to what both Daniels and Kozma said; that technology must be used in the best way to suit the particular needs of education.
Bushweller does say that 'In the late 1990s and early 2000s, educational technology experts in America were largely focused on innovation. Fueled by investments by the U.S. government and private groups, educational technology experts were exploring and developing the use of a wide array of products for use in schools.' I can say that this also happened in the private business sector from my experience in a new education dot com company with clients like Hewlett-Packard. They threw money at e-learning projects as if they were the 'silver bullet'.


Knezek again agreed with me, so I like him too :o)  - 'the introduction of new technologies and media continue to increase both availability of education and quality educational options for millions of learners around the world' I totally agree with this statement.


I think the later speakers do have the advantage of knowing what both the proposer and opposers' arguments are before making an informed decisions based partly on what they have heard. They are able to cherry pick the remarks that support their own view.


I have not changed my view, indeed I think that all three of these speakers supports my vote in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment