Thursday 24 November 2011

Debates on e-learning - My 'against' thoughts

I think Kozma has hedged his bets a bit with one of his opening statements: Certainly, one can not defend the position that all applications of technology make significant contributions to the quality of education in all situations.


I am tempted to think that this is what Daniels did as well - the open universities have been a success - the rest have failed. Kozma effectively agrees - some success but not all...
I agree that some studies are too generalised to be deemed accurate to all situations (point 33)
It seems that as I read on the common argument between both the proposer and the opposition is that if technology is used in education in the correct manner then it will be successful. It just seems that Kozma has a more optimistic outlook than Daniels - perhaps Daniels has seen too many years of it not being put to good use to remain optimistic that it ever will?

No comments:

Post a Comment